The Cell - How to prepare
- It's a good idea to arrive a bit early in case anything unexpected comes up. Ten to 15 minutes is ideal.
- We also suggest that you bring someone along who can take notes for you.
- You can also record the comments with your startphone.
Profit from the valuable advice of the La Ruche Ambassadors, who volunteer their time to provide helpful support.
- They are highly motivated and only have one goal : to help you succeed !
- The structure
- You have 30 minutes to present your campaign in front of 10 to 15 Ambassadors for La Ruche.
- Each promoter gives a private presentation (you won't see the other projects).
- We will display your filled-out project page on the screen. This way, you won't
- need to bring along a computer or other materials.
- Just in case, it's a good idea to have the link to your YouTube video in hand,
- as well as a printed copy of your perks program structure. If by some chance a problem arises with the internet connection, we'll be able to continue the presentation.
- We might snap a couple photos of you in action during or following your presentation, for later use in promoting your project on our social networks.
- At the end of your presentation, you will receive multiple forms with comments. The ambassadors may choose to give you their contact information if they feel they, or one of their contacts, might have a further role to play in supporting the project. This decision is entirely up to them, so we make no promises.
- You don't need to use your presentation to convince the audience or to sell your idea. You're just there to present your crowdfunding project. The Ambassadors are there to improve your campaign. Be concise. They will provide reactions to your video and your perks program.
- The Cell is a broad discussion of your project in which the Ambassadors offer their experience for your benefit.
- Ideally, plan on 5-10 minutes for the presentation (video + perks program) and 20 minutes to respond to questions and hear the ambassadors' ideas. You will start by introducing yourself, and we'll ask you to play your video. Afterward, you can summarize your project in 1 or 2 sentences (how much do you need and why), and then present the perks program. After this, the discussion begins - the Ambassadors won't speak before this point.
- The Ambassadors ensure that each project is solid and ready. They are the last validation step before your project is online.
Best of luck with your preparation!